Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions of driving tuition given by an Experience Driving Limited (EDL) driving instructor.
It is agreed that:
1. Any lesson shall be paid in advance of each lesson. 48 hours notice is required for cancellation of lessons to avoid fees being forfeited. Where a pupil has 10 hours or more of tuition booked in one week, this is deemed to be intensive and 7 days notice of cancellation is required to avoid the lesson fees being forfeited.
2. In the event that the instructor is unable to attend an appointment due to mechanical breakdown or other cause and that another EDL instructor is not available the instructor reserves the right to rearrange the lesson at a convenient time to both parties.
3. The instructor will make his/her services as an EDL instructor available to the pupil for the sole purpose of giving the pupil driving tuition at the rate per lesson from time to time as agreed.
4. The instructor will retain the right to substitute another EDL instructor for the purpose of giving all or any lessons if the instructor is not available for any reason whatsoever.
5. The instructor will carry motor insurance covering the pupil whilst driving the tuition vehicle when accompanied by an EDL instructor or Driving Standards Agency Examiner.
6. The pupil agrees that he/she is duly licensed to drive the tuition vehicle.
7. Payment in respect of the current or next booking may be paid to the instructor; all other payments must be paid to the instructor’s agent EDL. Where payments are made direct to the instructor, EDL does NOT accept any responsibility whatsoever for any acts, default or failure on the part of the instructor not to carry out his/her obligations to the pupil/client.
8. It is hereby expressly agreed that the relationship is made solely between the instructor and pupil/client and that NO contractual relationship exists between EDL and the pupil/client. Accordingly the pupil/client acknowledges that EDL has NO liability to them in respect of injury, loss or omissions of the instructor or any other EDL instructor substituted under (4) above.
9. All refunds will be subject to a flat administration fee of £15.00